top of page

AN INTRODUCTION

​OUR MILESTONES

The Naga Parochial School was founded in July 1947 by the late Archbishop Pedro P. Santos, D.D., Archbishop of Caceres. It was granted government recognition by the Department of Education (no. 152, series of 1948) on March 6, 1948.

During its first year of operation, it had an initial enrollment of 498 boys under the tutelage of 15 faculty members. It was headed by Msgr. Porfirio R. Ramin, P.A., V.G. (1947-1950), then parish priest of St. John the Evangelist Parish, Naga City, as director. 

 

In the middle of 1950, Msgr. Ramin was succeeded by Msgr. Nicanor C. Belleza, P.A., V.G. (1950-1983). Under his leadership, enrollment continued to increase. Archbishop Teopisto V. Alberto, D.D., then Chairman of the Board of Trustees from 1965-1983, guided the school through the years.

​By 1983, NPS became the first elementary parochial school in the country to be accredited by the Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities (PAASCU).  Presently, it is reaccredited for another five years, until 2020, after its sixth PAASCU Resurvey last February 5-6, 2015.

 

With the demise of Msgr. Belleza in 1983, the Archbishop of Caceres, Most Rev. Leonardo Z. Legaspi, O.P. D.D. appointed an alumnus of the school, Msgr. Jaime M. San Andres of Class 1950 as the third NPS director.

 

In December of 2007, after 23 years of serving the school, Msgr. San Andres passed away. Fr. Rex Andrew C. Alarcon was appointed by the same Archbishop Legaspi as the fourth NPS Director. The new director is also an alumnus of the school being a member of Class 1983.

 

On its 66th year of operation the school opened its doors to girls in the Grade School and opened a co-ed High School.

 

The school is currently handled by a 75-person staff, 54 of whom are full-time teachers. These young children will also receive the special education experienced by some 11,705 alumni of the school.

JULY 1947

NAGA PAROCHIAL SCHOOL WAS FOUNDED

The Naga Parochial School was founded in July 1947 by the late Archbishop Pedro P. Santos, D.D., Archbishop of Caceres

March

1948

GRANTED GOVERNMENT RECOGNITION BY THE DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION

It was granted government recognition by the Department of Education (no. 152, series of 1948) on March 6, 1948. During its first year of operation, it has an initial enrollment of 498 boys under the tutelage of 15 faculty members

June

1983

NPS - THE FIRST ELEMENTARY PAROCHIAL SCHOOL IN THE COUNTRY ACCREDITED BY THE PHILIPPINE ACCREDITING ASSOCIATION OF SCHOOLS, COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES (PAASCU)

By 1983, NPS became the first elementary parochial school in the country to be accredited by the Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities (PAASCU). Presently, Presently, it is reaccredited for another five years, until 2020, after its sixth PAASCU Resurvey last February 5-6, 2015.

June 

2012

OPENED ITS DOORS TO GIRLS IN THE GRADE SCHOOL AND OPENED A CO-ED HIGH SCHOOL

On its 66th year of operation the school opened its doors to girls in the Grade School and opened a co-ed High School.

Registrar's Office / Guidance Office: 054-206-1683 

bottom of page